Friday, November 14, 2008

Power to the People


Clean, Green Tidal Power is coming to the Bay of Fundy.

We debated it in Geography 3454 - it is a definitely maybe.

According to the NS government website. There is enough flow in the bay that, using just a couple of locations, enough power could be generated to supply 100 thousand homes.

Personally, I would like to keep it local and small scale as opposed to the MEGAPROJECT. They key is to take it slow but make it go.

I figure that, as long as we can keep in moon in a stable orbit and keep the tectonic plates from unduly squishing together, this one is a long-term winner.

The photo is of the in-stream device favoured by the folks at Minas Basin Pulp and Power.

1 comment:

CBEMN said...

Didn't something just tkae a turn for the worst with this project? I recall briefly seeing soemthing in the paper on the weekend....I'll ahve to track that article down: they used the same image in your post.
Cathy