Great News!
I just got my new copy of life, etc [finally got a life].It is the magazine of RBC rewards. The Royal Bank gives you'air miles' points when you use a credit card - the more you buy, the more you get (also the more you owe, but let's not step on the dream).Anyways, they have their own magazine to trump the lifestyle and they sent a copy to me!
I just got my new copy of life, etc [finally got a life].It is the magazine of RBC rewards. The Royal Bank gives you'air miles' points when you use a credit card - the more you buy, the more you get (also the more you owe, but let's not step on the dream).Anyways, they have their own magazine to trump the lifestyle and they sent a copy to me!
Guess who is the featured author in this month's mag?Dr. David Suzuki, that's who. His article is called "A Day in my life".[there is that life theme again]. A busy and blessed life, as it turns out.
Basically, the good doctor takes us chronologically through a day at home and at the office. Throughout, he muses about the eco-friendly choices he makes, from re-usable chop sticks and a 'no farmed salmon' policy, and looks hopefully for future improvements in some areas such as an 'on-demand' water heater [we have timed thermostats, why not water heaters?] Dave is burdened with trying to raise enough scratch for the $6.5 million budget so he is probably missing the irony of being the feature conservationist in a magazine devoted to consumption. I, less encumbered, can spot it from clear across the continent.
As part of a fundraising boost, he is going to make fish prints to give to large donors to the foundation because - he likes fish.
I like fish too.
He will also co-author a book on a threatened species of fish [species unnamed, perhaps to protect the fish or the project] - because he likes fish.
I like fish too.
I am going to write a book and I will make sure that there are a lot of fish in it.
Should it make money, I will share some with the fish.
[not to the tune of $6.5 million per annum though. I'd be spending all my time fundraising]
P.S. Dr. Suzuki started in the field of genetics, working with fruit flies. I am not so fussy about them.
1 comment:
Ha!haha!
Cathy
Post a Comment