Last week, it occurred to me that we hardly hear the name Jacques Cousteau anymore.
Maybe it is because he is dead.
Still, when I was a youngster, Cousteau was the oceanographer. At least he was the individual that was popularizing ocean exploration. I would bet that if one was to interview marine biologists of a certain age, they would give credit to Jacques for inpsiring them onward. No vessel ramming for this garcon - he was a class act.
Check him out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques-Yves_Cousteau
Maybe it is because he is dead.
Still, when I was a youngster, Cousteau was the oceanographer. At least he was the individual that was popularizing ocean exploration. I would bet that if one was to interview marine biologists of a certain age, they would give credit to Jacques for inpsiring them onward. No vessel ramming for this garcon - he was a class act.
Check him out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques-Yves_Cousteau
No comments:
Post a Comment