Friday, October 17, 2008

BIO Tour

Road Trip!

No, not to DC - to Dartmouth.
(Ok, so I don't get out much).

Even so, the Bedford Institute of Oceanography is a world class facility.
There are even a couple of Nobel Laureates walking the halls:

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/science/Publications/annualreport-rapportannuel/ar-ra0607/sect3_e.html

(see the bit on the Nobel Peace Prize)

Whenever ocean science conferences are held in the region, a tour of BIO is
often requested. Equally, it is a popular destination for schools and youth
groups. That is part of what makes the place special - it is accessible science
at many levels. It is also very cool that the mailroom staff and the prize
winning scientists and every one in between see each other as peers
because there is no reason not to. I'd love to see the Smithsonian too but
you get my point, I trust.

1 comment:

CBEMN said...

A road trip is a road trip!
I am fearful of the road trip to DC with 44 University students in tow.....there should be some learning experiences of all varieties!
Thanks again for helping to get the BIO tour trip in order,
Cathy